Production processes are those that can always be improved. You “just” need to know what changes in order to correct it and where in order to actually impact on the efficiency of all resources (people, machines and tools). Production processes in the automotive industry are particularly complex as they are oriented at details. With such precise production, there is no room for extra downtime or mistakes. What counts is efficient communication, quick access to data and the ability to simulate plan variants. This is impossible without appropriate tools.
EMIX decided to combine the functionality of three systems, Asprova APS, Opera MES and XPRIMER.TCW in order to optimise the entire production process and control it more. Therefore, eq system specialists formulated a detailed concept of improvements, enabling the realignment and automation of the entire planning process, including:
- real technological times;
- process limitations and finite manufacturing capacity of the company;
- changes in the availability of resources;
- ongoing implementation after production.
We decided to work with eq system as we were impressed by the experience of its specialists in optimisation of production processes and the improvement concept relying on a detailed analysis of our initial situation. One of the most important factors (unrivalled, in our opinion) included the functionality of Asprova APS, which allows a very detailed representation of our production processes.
The combination of Asprova APS, Opera MES and XPRIMER.TCW gives you the feeling that we will take care of our processes in a comprehensive manner, and thus not only will we increase the stability of our plans, but we will also have greater control of their progress. Moreover, we will be certain that we use our manufacturing capacity appropriately, according to the technology well defined and transferred.
Paweł Torbus, Chief Executive, Emix
- Facilitating communication owing to the quick access to current information on the production status, progress and unused manufacturing capacity;
- Reducing time needed for response to changes in the schedule thanks to valid production records;
- Improving the plan stability through the use of what-if simulations and analysing the disturbances and their effects, thus offering the possibility to prevent them better in the future;
- Establishing a knowledge base and centralising the data storage location, for example by transferring the knowledge and experience of technologists and planners to the system;
- Streamlining and aligning the processes of technology development;
- Reducing the volume of documentation and paper reporting by eliminating manual planning.
A reflection of the entire production process in IT systems and a concept that was diligently develop, taking into account the project stages and their detailed schedule will make it possible to gain all of the benefits and, thus, contribute to the effective introduction of the Industry 4.0 concept.
EMIX is a company which for years has been consciously investing in its development, choosing only those solutions that would have a real impact on improving the functioning of the entire company. It is a leader in the production of components for automotive and home appliance industries. It has operated on the Polish market for over 17 years. Currently, it has 80 employees.