First strategy, then system – eq system improves processes at ZM Kazimieruk
Most of the projects that we run in eq system do not focus on IT systems. They focus on business needs and goals that a given company wants to achieve both now and in the future.
When starting the cooperation with Zakłady Mechaniczne (Engineering Plants) Kazimieruk, the scheme was the same – first the eq system specialists assessed the initial situation, and then presented possible ways to improve both the organisational culture and particular stages of production processes. They proposed changes that will affect the functioning of the entire company, not just a part of it. The implementation, and above all the precise adaptation of the Asprova APS system to the specifics of production and other supporting it departments (including the Design, Technology and Quality Department) allows to achieve numerous benefits.
At ZM Kazimieruk company, most of our production is the job production, largely planned. Therefore, we were interested in a system flexible enough to enable us to introduce changes submitted by customers on an ongoing basis and assess their impact on the implementation of the entire schedule. Equally important for us was the ability to plan operators taking into account their competencies and material balancing with division into normals, raw materials or semi-finished products.
Only the Asprova APS system met our expectations in terms of functionality and wide possibilities of its development over time. However, we would not have decided to implement it if not for the extensive knowledge of eq system specialists. Asprova APS is a solution that should reflect the company’s business goals in its structure – cooperation with eq system gives us confidence that it will be like that. Its specialists at every stage of work prove not only knowledge of the specifics of our industry, but also their skills when it comes to improving the organisational culture of the enterprise itself.
Project Manager, ZM Kazimieruk
- Reduction of the time needed to prepare schedules due to better visibility of connections between operations and availability of employees with appropriate competencies.
- Increased trust on the part of customers, thanks to the introduction of the system of an early warning about threats in the on-time fulfilment of orders, resulting, among others, from the absence of a key employee, lack of material or damage to the machine.
- Increase in timeliness, by taking into account information about current loads (including machines, people, production lines), availability of resources and monitoring of progress in order fulfilment.
- Reduction of costs related to both making the production plans and their distribution, thanks to the unification and systematisation of planning methods.
- Shortening the entire production cycle, among others, by including in the plan all dependencies between operations.
- Optimisation of production value levels in progress by introducing the possibility of creating detailed analyses regarding planned variability of inventory levels.
- Increasing employees’ knowledge of the organisation of the production process, thereby improving the efficiency of implementation and recording of individual production tasks.
- Improving planning precision by including in the process operations concerning other departments of the company (including design, technology, quality control and tool shop) and introducing the possibility of estimating the planned load of these units.
- Possibility of continuous improvement of production processes thanks to reliable assessment of their effectiveness and drawing accurate conclusions for the future.
We are sure that we will soon be able to share the effects of cooperation and implementation of the Asprova APS system at ZM Kazimieruk.